” Environmental groups have seized upon Barack Obama’s election victory and are already calling for the newly re-elected president to block the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline and work with Congress to adopt a carbon tax.
“In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, as the warmest year in American history draws to a close, as the disastrous drought lingers on in the Midwest, everyone is looking for ways to make a real difference in the fight to slow climate change,” reads a letter from environmentalists, including climate activist Bill McKibben of 350.org, Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune, leftist author Naomi Klein, climate scientist James Hansen, and Phil Radford, Executive Director of Greenpeace USA.”
- Tarsands Pipeline Protest Returns to Washington Nov. 18, 2012 (bsnorrell.blogspot.com)
- Canada confident Obama will approve Keystone XL pipeline (rawstory.com)
- So, about that Keystone pipeline… (hotair.com)
- Keystone XL pipeline still a question mark after Obama election win (business.financialpost.com)
- ‘Man Who Crushed Keystone’ Is Targeting Fossil Fuels in Anti-Apartheid-Style Campaign (nationaljournal.com)
- Thousands surround White House in protest of Keystone oil pipeline (thenewstribune.com)