” Well, that didn’t take too bloody long, did it? Within 48 hours of the takers overpowering the producers at the polls, the following companies have announced layoffs:
Westinghouse, Research in Motion Limited, Lightyear Network Solutions, Providence Journal, Hawker Beechcraft, Boeing (30% of their management – gone), CVPH Medical Center, US Cellular, Momentive Performance Materials, Rocketdyne, Brake Parts, Vestas Wind Systems, Husqvarna, Center for Hospice New York, Bristol Meyers, OCE North America, Darden Restaurants, United Blood Services, Welch Allyn, Dana Holding Corp., Stryker, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, Abbott Labs, Covidien, Kinetic Concepts, St. Jude Medical, Hill Rom.
Among those companies announcing preliminary office and store closings within 48 hours after the election:
Caterpillar, Albrecht Sentry Foods, Target, Millennium Academy, KMart, The Andover Gift Shop, Grand Union Family Markets, Movie Scene, TE Connectivity (closing it’s Greensboro plant with 620 layoffs expected), Fresh Market, AGC Glass North America, The Roses, Meanders Kitchen, Harley-Davidson, Townsend Booksellers.
Additionally, according to Human Events, the New York State Comptroller anticipates Wall Street layoffs to number approximately 10,000 by the end of the year. And just to add a little lagniappe to the mix, the Obama Interior Department has unveiled a plan to shut down 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development. Think of it as energetically un-energetic.”
- How Many Businesses Have Announced Closings or Lay-Offs Since Obama Won A Second Term? (askmarion.wordpress.com)
- Obama Election Triggers Massive National Layoffs (shepherdspiehole.typepad.com)
- This is what fear of the State looks like (legalinsurrection.com)
- Share This Massive List Of Post-Election Firings And Layoffs With Everyone You Can (theeconomiccollapseblog.com)
- Layoff bomb detonates; Large corporations join small businesses in announcing mass cuts (twitchy.com)
- The Facts About Obama’s “Layoff Bomb” Following His Re-Election (politicalzero.com)
- TE Connectivity to close Greensboro plant, 620 layoffs expected (myfox8.com)
- How Many Businesses Have Announced Closings Or Layoffs Since Obama Won A Second Term? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Obama Negative 2.0: Mass layoffs begin (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)