” After several preliminary votes on the Sportsmen’s Act (S.3525), the U.S. Senate has decided it will take a final vote on the measure after Thanksgiving break.
Thus far, the bipartisan bill, which contains all sorts of goodies for gun owners, hunters, shooters and sportsmen (see priority provisions below), has garnered a ton of support from lawmakers.
On Thursday, the Senate advanced the Sportsmen’s Act by an 84-12 preliminary vote, a sign of the bill’s overwhelming popularity.
“Sportsmen and -women across Montana and the nation are calling for responsible decisions that strengthen our outdoor economy and secure our outdoor heritage for future generations,” Sen. John Tester, the bill’s lead sponsor, told KFBB News.
“This measure does just that,” Tester continued, “taking good ideas from Republicans and Democrats to protect our hunting and fishing traditions and safeguard our most treasured places. I will keep pushing to get it across the finish line.” “
- Sportsmen’s Act: (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Willoughby: Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 helpful to hunters, anglers (denverpost.com)
- Update On S.3525 – Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- NSSF Alert – Sportsmen’s Act Of 2012 (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- Sportsmen’s Act of 2012, S.3525, Ask Your Senators to Support It “Without” Amendments (iamacitizen.wordpress.com)