This Is Where Our Billions Are Going . Not To The Children , But To The Fatcats
Behold the top ten leadership position salaries . Click on the graphic to go directly to the source . Note that the NEA has over ONE THOUSAND employees with an average compensation of nearly $90,000.00 per year . Remember … that is all tax money … the schools generate NO revenue of their own .
Let that sink in … $88,831,667.46 per year for salaries and benefits alone . That does not include operating expenses such as utilities , rent/mortgages , transportation or anything else . Staggering isn’t it ? And that number amounts to just , wait for it … 13.91% of annual spending .
Yes , you read that right . In fiscal year 2011 the NEA spent nearly $392 MILLION and none of it went towards the education of your child or mine .
” President Barack Obama and the Democrats have portrayed themselves as supporters of public education, but their policies have turned public schools into strongholds for powerful private groups of teachers unions, critics say.
“The union is not some branch of public government—they’re just a private corporation,” said James Sayler, a 20-year public school teacher and founder of Colorado Educators for Bush in 2000 and 2004.
“Should a school district give away public authority to a private organization?” Sayler asked. “The unions, with the blessing and cooperation of the Democratic Party, have privatized education.” “
Don’t let anyone tell you that the unions aren’t Big Business . What else can you call an entity that burns though the better part of half a BILLION dollars a year ? It sure ain’t no “mom and pop” operation now is it ?
And that brings us to the most galling aspect of the union (taxpayer funds) spending … Political spending . You haven’t forgotten where all this money comes from , have you ? Remember schools , teacher and unions GENERATE NO REVENUE … Every dime they spend comes from us , the taxpayers .
Read this and weep as you see that we are given the bill to pay for them to lobby for ever greater salaries and benefits with our own money .
A staggering amount of TAXPAYER FUNDS no matter how you look at it .Yet we are forever told that we need to throw more and more money into a system that produces less and less per dollar of investment .
- How Teachers Unions Lead the Way to Better Schools (inthesetimes.com)
- Really? The Road to Serfdom? (cafehayek.com)
- Report: Nonteacher Hiring in Public Schools Grows 7 Times Faster Than Enrollment (usnews.com)
- Ann Romney: We Need To ‘Throw Out’ The Public Education System (thinkprogress.org)
- Teachers Fill Marxism Conference to Map Future Indoctrination of School Kids (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Recipe for Privatization of Public Education (dianeravitch.net)
- Milwaukee among tops in nation for charter school enrollment (jsonline.com)
- An Urgent Message for Voters Who Support Public Education (dianeravitch.net)