” The finger of blame for Friday’s Sandy Hook school massacre has been firmly pointed at gun owners since the very first moments after the tragedy became public, but an additional scapegoat has now been identified – preppers.
“The mother of Adam Lanza, the gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in one of America’s worst ever school massacres, was a “survivalist” preparing for economic and social collapse, it has emerged,” reports the London Independent.
Lanza used three of his mother’s guns to carry out the shooting. Marsha Lanza underwent rigorous background checks and waiting periods before she was allowed to purchase the firearms.
It is now being implied that because Marsha Lanza was “self-reliant,” had readied herself for an “economic collapse,” and was proficient with firearms, that this rubbed off on her son and was a driving force behind the massacre.
The obvious inference being made is that anyone who buys storable food, owns firearms and is knowledgeable about societal and economic threats is potentially a mass murderer who needs to be watched very carefully, which is a meme that has already been making the rounds in recent months.
Because Marsha Lanza owned ten guns this means she somehow “stockpiled weapons” as part of her “paranoid” fantasies about doomsday.
It’s particularly cynical that Marsha Lanza’s lifestyle is being subtly blamed for the murder of 20 children given that she was the very first victim of Adam Lanza’s rampage.
Yahoo 7 News reports that, “Investigators are turning towards Nancy Lanza’s supposed identification as a survivalist,” as one of the contributing factors towards the shooting. “
- “The mother of the loner who massacred 26 pupils and staff at a US primary school may have played a major part in his catastrophic mental breakdown…” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Gunman’s Aunt: Nancy Lanza Talked About Survivalism (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- What We Know About Nancy Lanza – The Mother of Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza (americanlivewire.com)
- Adam Lanza shot mother four times before Sandy Hook massacre (metro.co.uk)
- Adam Lanza Tried to Buy Rifle Three Days Before Massacre (thetruthaboutguns.com)