British Medical Journal: Ban Long Knives
” What writer Mark Steyn has rightly called the “stupid and contemptible” public discourse on gun control in this country is getting even “stupider and contemptibler” overseas. The U.K. has once again done America a solid by providing a glimpse of the country’s Oceanic future: British medical “experts” are calling for kitchen cutlery control.
That’s right, America’s transatlantic in-laws, twice removed, have taken to contemplating a long knife ban in order to reduce the number of fatal stabbings.
A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase – and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.
They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon. The research is published in the British Medical Journal. The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all. “
- A Kitchen Knife Ban? Really? (lunaticoutpost.com)
- UK Doctors are calling for a ban on pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths. (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Will the Brits End Up Switching to Chopsticks? (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- OK, so where will gun control lead? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- UK Doctors Call For Ban On Kitchen Knives (libertycrier.com)