” Isn’t this pushing a jinx? If Senate Republicans insist on having Hillary Clinton testify before allowing John Kerry’s confirmation to proceed, aren’t they risking a torn ACL or turf toe for the outgoing Secretary of State?
Clinton has pledged to remain in the job until Kerry is confirmed, which Obama said he was confident would happen “quickly.” The Senate is expected to take up Kerry’s nomination in early January, but multiple Republican senators have already said they won’t agree to a vote on Kerry’s nomination until Clinton testifies about the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi. Illness and a concussion has prevented Clinton from appearing thus far.
Clinton promised to appear before Congress at one point, but the State Department backpedaled from that position quickly after it became public. State then said that Clinton couldn’t testify until after Congress received the report from the Accountability Review Board’s investigation into Benghazi, which they hinted Congress might not see for another 90 days — or possibly never see in its entirety. They got the ARB report last week, at which point State announced the resignations of four officials who never actually resigned at all. Accountability! “
- GOP Senators Will Not Confirm John Kerry as Secretary of State Until Hillary Clinton Testifies On Benghazi (princevega.com)
- Senate Republicans refuse to confirm John Kerry until Hillary Clinton testifies about Benghazi (righttruth.typepad.com)
- Senate Republicans to Hold Kerry’s State Nomination Until Hillary Clinton Testifies on Benghazi (pjmedia.com)
- Report: GOP senators won’t confirm Kerry until Clinton testifies on Benghazi (redalertpolitics.com)
- Senate Republicans Refuse To Confirm Kerry Until Hillary Testifies About Benghazi (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)