” Washington D.C. lawmakers in both chambers left the capitol on early Sunday night after negotiations to avoid the fiscal cliff fell apart in the Senate.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D – NV) said there is “still time left to reach an agreement.” In the meantime, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will continue negotiations on the phone tonight with Vice President Joe Biden. “
- No fiscal deal Sunday; Senate to return for dramatic New Year’s Eve (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- McConnell reaches out to Biden, Reid steps back (washingtonpost.com)
- Fiscal cliff deal in peril as Senate negotiations enter standstill (guardian.co.uk)
- Budget talks hit impasse (kansascity.com)
- Washington pushes United States to edge of “fiscal cliff” – Reuters (reuters.com)
- US Senate leaders offer dour take on ‘cliff’ talks (nzherald.co.nz)