” If you’re a patient with cancer, the thought of chemotherapy is frightening. Will it work? Researchers at Johns Hopkins and Dutch radiologists have teamed up to develop a new technology that allows them to see liver cancer tumors die in real time.The scientists used two successive pairs of specialized CT scans that can provide an answer to the success or failure of chemotherapy drugs within minutes.
Senior study investigator and interventional radiologist Jean-Francois Geschwind, M.D. said in a press release, “Patients should not have to endure the uncertainty of waiting weeks or more to find out if their chemoembolization was successful in fighting their liver cancer.” “
- Paired CT scans catch chemo-killing of liver tumors in real time (eurekalert.org)
- Paired CT scans catch chemo-killing of liver tumors in real time (medicalxpress.com)
- New cancer treatment used for first time in UK (confused.com)
- Smallpox vaccine kills liver cancer (sfgate.com)
- Breakthrough Chemo Bath Treats Liver Cancer For First Time In UK (medicalnewstoday.com)
- First liver cancer ‘chemo-bath’ (bbc.co.uk)