” When businesses and big government politicians go into “business” with one another, taxpayers lose—big time. It’s called cronyism.
A “crony” is an individual or organization that colludes with politicians to gain unfair treatment, taxpyer-funded benefits, or regulations that the rest of us don’t enjoy. Cronyism occurs because politicians rely on wealthy interests to fund their campaigns, and those donors then seek government goodies or favors in return.
It’s a match made in heaven for cronies and hell for taxpayers. Just as bad, such cronyism erodes economic freedom by destroying the real competition that fuels free market capitalism.
In 2012, the cronies had a banner year, poaching billions of taxpayer dollars to pump up their profits and redistribute their losses.
In 2012, the cronies had a banner year, poaching billions of taxpayer dollars to pump up their profits and redistribute their losses. In other instances, the cronies leveraged their insider connections to evade prosecutions and skirt the laws that apply to the rest of us. Consider just a few of the cronies that got away in 2012.
1. Jon Corzine, former MF Global Chief, New Jersey Governor, and Top Obama Bundler.”
- Meet one of Barack Obama’s Richest Green Energy Cronies: Tom Steyer (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Hollywood Gets Tax Break Extension, While Payroll Extension Break Ended (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- URGENT: Word is Out The CBO Cost of Senate Bill is $4 Trillion: House Switchboard (202-224-2131) (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Hey Liberals, School is In: Cronyism Isn’t Capitalism (americanclarion.com)
- ‘District of Corruption’ … (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- We can’t afford another four years of Obama’s tax cheats, crooks & cronies (michellemalkin.com)