” Updated Al Jazeera, the pan-Arab news giant, has long tried to convince Americans that it is a legitimate news organization, not a parrot of Middle Eastern propaganda or something more sinister.
It just bought itself 40 million more chances to make its case.
Al Jazeera on Wednesday announced a deal to take over Current TV, the low-rated cable channel that was founded by Al Gore, a former vice president, and his business partners seven years ago. Al Jazeera plans to shut Current and start an English-language channel, which will be available in more than 40 million homes, with newscasts emanating from both New York and Doha, Qatar “
- Al Jazeera Purchases Current TV; Will Create New Channel Called “Al Jazeera America” (minx.cc)
- Al Jazeera buying Current TV (susiemadrak.com)
- Al-Jazeera to buy Al Gore’s Current TV (upi.com)
- Al Jazeera to take over Al Gores cable channel (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Current TV Near Sale To Al Jazeera; Likely $500 Million Deal For Al Gore and Co. (forbes.com)
- Al Jazeera Buying Al Gore’s Current TV… (righttruth.typepad.com)
- Al Jazeera acquires Current TV, will rebrand channel (laobserved.com)