” A South Carolina school district has launched an investigation into a high school teacher who allegedly threw an American flag on the floor and stomped on it as a classroom full of students watched.
Mark Bounds, a spokesman for the Lexington –Richland5 School District, confirmed to Fox News that an English teacher at Chapin High School was placed on leave as they investigate the incident.
“There were allegations that at a teacher took a flag down from the post in the classroom and stepped on that flag as part of the lesson,” Bounds said, indicating the act was repeated in several other classes. “It was not a spontaneous act, but one he worked into the lesson.”
He said there was “sufficient evidence that the teacher needed to be put on administrative leave and a full investigation needed to take place.”
Bounds said they could not provide additional information because it was a personnel matter – but he stressed that the school district took the matter extremely seriously.
“We have a very patriotic community with many military veterans,” he said. “Fort Jackson, the largest training base in the world is part of our community and you can see why this is especially important.”
Michael Copeland’s daughter was in the classroom when the incident occurred. He told television stationWIS that the teacher’s actions were disrespectful and unpatriotic. “
- Hi Hater: High School Teacher Slammed For Throwing American Flag On The Ground And Stomping On It In Front Of Students (bossip.com)
- Teacher Busted For Stomping On American Flag In Classroom (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Bill Ayers would approve (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- South Carolina teacher on leave for stomping on American flag in front of class (educationviews.org)
- South Carolina Teacher On Leave For Stomping On Flag In Front Of Class (patdollard.com)
- Stomping In Bad Company (statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com)