” The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control, Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats on Monday, the administration’s first definitive statements about its response to last month’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Later this week, Obama will formally announce his proposals to reduce gun violence, which are expected to include renewal of the assault weapons ban, universal background checks and prohibition of high-capacity magazine clips. But Biden, who has been leading Obama’s task force on the response, spent two hours briefing a small group of sympathetic House Democrats on the road ahead in the latest White House outreach to invested groups.
The focus on executive orders is the result of the White House and other Democrats acknowledging the political difficulty of enacting any new gun legislation, a topic Biden did not address in Monday’s meeting.”
- Biden: W.H. eying 19 executive actions on guns (redalertpolitics.com)
- Biden: White House readies 19 executive actions on guns (secretsofthefed.com)
- White House readies 19 executive orders on guns (12160.info)
- Biden to meet House members on Monday to discuss gun measures (thehill.com)
- News & World Events – Re: Biden: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns (disclose.tv)