” Sixty percent of high school and college students say they plan on owning guns at a later stage in life, an academic study from American University revealed on Monday.
According to a brand new study, sixty percent of young Americans plan on purchasing firearms in the future.
According to the study, about 40 percent of the American students surveyed said they definitely planned to own firearms once they had established their own households. Another 20 percent said they were “contemplating” owning guns.
Those findings were part of a broader study conducted by American University professor Jennifer L. Lawless and Loyola Marymount professor Richard L. Fox which focused on the political opinions of young Americans. The study was conducted prior the recent Newtown massacre, but after the Aurora theatre shooting.
Lawless told Campus Reform on Tuesday that in her view the findings were proof that President Obama should move swiftly, and without the permission of Congress if necessary, in order limit the availability of firearms.
“The next generation plans on owning guns, so if we want to avoid the tragedies that we’ve seen… we obviously need to move quickly and if an executive order is the way to do it, then that is the way the to do it,” she said. “
- Sage’s Rage: If the concern is youth violence, why not ask them what they need? (sassysagesays.com)
- The Real Problem…Point the Finger at the Parents, Not Guns (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- US Center for Disease Control to research effects of violent media (incgamers.com)
- FULL DETAILS: Fact Sheet on the President’s Plan to Reduce Gun Violence (foxnewsinsider.com)
- DOJ Report: Youth Gun Violence Down 95% from 1994 (breitbart.com)
- DOJ: 95% Drop in Youth Victimized by Guns; Youth 6 Times More Likely to be Victimized by Knife Than Gun (informationliberation.com)