While it may only be symbolic it’s heartening to know that someone in DC is paying attention .
Via the Daily Caller, a teaser for his appearance on “Hannity” later tonight. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that a guy who just visited Israel and is now talking about blocking executive overreach on gun-grabbing just might be running for president in 2016.
The bill will go nowhere but conservatives will appreciate the gesture:
“I’m told Sen. Rand Paul will introduce language within hours, within hours, to call for the nullification and prohibition of funding for the president’s executive actions announced today and possibly even using the federal courts to nullify and defund some of the things that he plans on doing,” [Fox News host Eric] Bolling said.
[A] Capitol Hill source told TheDC that Paul’s legislation is expected to do three things: nullify Obama’s executive orders, defund them and ask the Senate to file a court challenge to them.
At the very least, if he can figure out a way to bring this to the floor, it’ll be fun to see how Democrats whose seats are up next year will vote on it. Word on the Hill is that Reid might not even force a vote on the assault-weapons ban lest it prove too difficult for red-state Dems’ reelection campaigns. (According to aCNN poll released today, the recent surge of support for gun control is already starting to fade.)
- Sources: Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders on guns (dailypaul.com)
- Rand Paul Slams “King” Obama Over Executive Order Threat (conservativeread.com)
- Senator Rand Paul: “I’m Against Having a King”… “Obama Is Not King.” (forlibertysake.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul prays to the Jewish god at the Wailing Wall (destroyzionism.com)
- Is this man the next president? (wnd.com)
- Rand Paul vs. King Barack I (conservativeread.com)
- Rand Paul: ‘King’ Obama (politico.com)
- @SenRandPaul – Living In The Past (thecampofthesaints.org)