” It would be interesting to look at the homicide rate for Obama voters and Romney voters and that is doable on a community level. But for the moment let’s take a look at the big picture. As discussed in my previous article, “America Doesn’t Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem“, gun violence is concentrated in urban areas where most victims and shooters have existing criminal records.
Not only is gang violence dramatically higher in cities compared to surrounding areas, but 60 percent of U.S. firearm homicides happen in the 62 cities of the country’s 50 largest metro areas.
In the 2012 election, Obama won 70% of the vote in cities. He won the plurality of votes in every major city with the exception of Jacksonville and Salt Lake City. In some of the biggest cities he won 85% of the votes.
These are the cities where gun violence rates are the highest in the country. Often, the higher the gun violence rates, the bigger the margin of victory for Obama, as documented in my article, America Doesn’t Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem above.
It’s quite clear that America does not have a gun violence problem. Obamerica does.“
- Hussein Obama? – About That Gun Control ….. (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Drugs, gangs blamed for Okla. City homicide spike (sfgate.com)
- Facts About Gun Deaths (independentsentinel.com)
- Guest Commentary: How we can reduce gun violence and suicide (denverpost.com)
- Shyne Urges President Obama To “Do Something” About Gun Violence In Chicago (hiphopwired.com)
- Now We Talk Gun Control Because Of The Suburbs? (whocaresinthebigcity.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year! Chicago Murder Tally Hits 500 for 2012 (givemeliberty01.com)
- Facts Anti-Gun Advocates Don’t Want You to Know (godfatherpolitics.com)
- America Doesn’t Have a Gun Problem, It Has a Gang Problem (godgutsandoldglory.wordpress.com)