” Deputies say, the girl was home alone when a man she’d never seen before, rang the front doorbell. They say when no one answered the door, the man went around to the back of the house and kicked a door open. That’s when authorities say, the girl grabbed a gun and hid in a bathroom closet.
“He had worked his way all the way through the house and into the bathroom. And from what we understand, he was turning the doorknob when she fired through the door.” Says Bryan County Under sheriff, Ken Golden.
After the man was shot, The 12- year old ran out of the closet and called for help.
Authorities say she kept her cool despite the potential danger. “She was very brave, she stayed on the phone with the dispatcher the whole time – talked all the way through it and was still on the phone with dispatch when we got into the house.” Says Golden. “
- 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL SHOOTS HOME INTRUDER: “Deputies say the girl was home alone when a man she’d never… (pjmedia.com)
- Mom protects kids, shoots home intruder (newsfixnow.com)
- Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder (foxnews.com)
- CMU Abduction: 14 Year Old Answers Door, Student Tied Up (fox17online.com)
- Mom shoots intruder at point-blank range to protect her kids (examiner.com)
- Mom who shot intruder inspires gun control foes (usatoday.com)