Capt. Brad Philipps (rear) led Angela (left) and Dave (right) Workman to an amazing 91 sailfish releases Dec. 28, 2012, aboard Decisive.
” Capt. Brad Philipps, generally regarded as one of the best billfish captains on the planet, added to his legacy in late December, tallying incredible numbers of billfish releases aboard his 40-foot Gamefisherman,Decisive.
Over a 10-day stretch, Philipps, who operates Guatemalan Billfishing Adventures, released well over 400 sailfish. The action got hot right after Christmas, on Dec. 27, when Philipps found a huge body of fish only 7 to 14 miles offshore and tallied 40 releases from 49 bites.
“But the following day saw one of those unbelievable bites most only dream about,” said Philipps, who has released more than 23,000 billfish over the past 11 years in Guatemala and has won The Billfish Foundation’s Release Captain of the Year Award for 10 years straight.”
- Pelican Yacht Club Invitational Billfish Tournament: Day 1 results (tcpalm.com)
- Jacksonville angler catches, releases a record 91 sailfish (m.jacksonville.com)
- A Father’s Sons: Michigan’s Frank brothers land on NBC fishing show after father’s death (howardmeyerson.com)
- Anonymous Take on Government Websites in Guatemala (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Filming the Seas’ Greatest Catch With Crittercam (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)