Alinsky’s Rules For Radicals
RULE 13: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
” I guess I already knew this, but something struck me about Obama’s inaugural address yesterday, especially as I read the transcript this morning. The reason Obama succeeds politically is that he has done a masterful job of setting up Republican strawmen – and straw policies – to use as his foils. And real Republicans do little but flail away helplessly in response.
Here is the Republican Party that Obama has created, and has convinced a majority of independent voters is the real thing:
- The party that hates women.
- The party that hates gay people.
- The party that doesn’t want to help anyone in need.
- The party that wants endless war.
- The party that will do anything to stop the poor and the middle class from improving their lives.
- The party that opposes building infrastructure.
- The party that hates public employees, especially teachers, police and firefighters.
- The party that doesn’t want you to have sex.
Does that sound like anyone you know? Does that sound like any Republican you’ve ever voted for? Does that sound like any commentator you read? Does that sound like any thoughts you’ve ever had? ”
Now you may say that the notion that people would take this sort of propaganda seriously is absurd but you must remember that we are in the age of the ” low information voter ” and the fact that Obama won re-election after that first miserable term should be enough to inform you that the momentum is on the side of the Statists .
Benjamin Franklin said we were given a Republic , ” if we can keep it ” . Can we , given the fact that the majority of Americans would tell you that we live in a democracy ?
- Bill O’Reilly: Obama Believe’s Republicans Are Purveyors of “White Privilege” & He Hates Them (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Chris Matthews: Republicans Will Have To ‘Rig The Elections’ In Order To Win From Now On (mediaite.com)
- GOP, Tea Party Hit New Lows In New Poll (outsidethebeltway.com)
- CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: How To Save The Republican Party: Win. “In reality, Republicans have a broad… (pjmedia.com)
- Analysis: Weak House GOP seeks leverage vs. Obama (cnsnews.com)
- Announcing Second Term Edition of “Barack Obama, Prophecy, and the Destruction of the United States” (prweb.com)
- Top Aide: Obama Seeks to Split Republican Party Into Warring Factions Before 2014 Midterm Election (visiontoamerica.com)
- An inaugural gift from the GOP (Marc Thiessen, Washington Post) (syracuse.com)
- Aspiring For Renewal, GOP Struggles To Clear Some Low Bars (huffingtonpost.com)
- He campaigned for change. But what has changed about Obama? (tv.msnbc.com)