” New York Governor Cuomo the Junior may have rushed throughhis new gun control law with such speed thatpolice will avoid its restrictions only through the blessed miracle ofselective enforcement, but he may have a little trouble getting the state’s firearms owners to attend his party. The new law requires owners of those scary-looking rifles known as “assault weapons” to register their property (amidst assurances that, oh no, the registration lists will never be used for confiscation), but gun rights activists are actively urging gun owners to defy the new mandate.
According to Frederic Dicker at the New York Post:
Assault-rifle owners statewide are organizing a mass boycott of Gov. Cuomo’s new law mandating they register their weapons, daring officials to “come and take it away,” The Post has learned. “
- Gun Owners Refuse to Register Under New York Law…”They’re saying, ‘F – the governor! F – Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- Andrew Cuomo: Another Socialist for Gun Control (moonbattery.com)
- Dear Governor Andrew “SCREAMIN” Cuomo (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- NY Governor Andrew Cuomo: “Confiscation could be an option” (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Cuomo defends gun plan amid NRA criticism (newsday.com)