” A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.
CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.
Just days before, Hadiya performed with her high school band at President Obama’s inauguration.”
- Teen Performer at Inaugural Events Fatally Shot (abcnews.go.com)
- Teen performer at inaugural events fatally shot (ktvb.com)
- Obama Should Be Attending This Funeral (slog.thestranger.com)
- One week after attending inaugural, South Side teen shot dead in neighborhood park (suntimes.com)
- Girl, 15, dies in South Side shooting (wgntv.com)