” A suspect who was shot in the stomach by a McLoud homeowner during an overnight burglary attempt last week remains hospitalized but has been upgraded to good condition.
McLoud Police Major Carol Pendley said the shooting incident occurred about 4:18 a.m. Jan. 24 at a home on the city’s south side when the homeowner awoke to find a burglar coming through a door of his home.
Pendley on Wednesday released the name of the burglary suspect who was shot in the incident. He’s been identified as Zackary Allen Lang, 26, she said
The homeowner, who Pendley described as an “older gentleman,” was extremely shaken up following the ordeal is and isn’t expected to face any charges, she said, although an official ruling will be made by the district attorney. Pendley said police aren’t releasing the homeowner’s name.”
HT/ Guns Save Lives
- Homeowner Holds Alleged Burglar at Gunpoint (wsaz.com)
- Homeowner Shoots 2 Intruders in Six Weeks (fox8.com)
- Another Home Invasion Thwarted By Armed Citizen (youviewed.com)
- Hemet: Homeowner’s call leads to suspected burglars’ arrests (swrnn.com)
- Armed Homeowner Detains Burglary Suspect (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Homeowner shoots robbery suspect (newsnet5.com)
- Burglary interrupted by homeowner (insidehalton.com)
- Homeowner Fatally Shoots Burglary Suspect (houston.cbslocal.com)
- How To Stop A Burglar Naked (simplisafe.com)
- Armed, wheelchair-bound homeowner thwarts burglary in west Athens (onlineathens.com)