” The hypocrites who want men with guns to protect them when they’re in trouble, but want to prevent other law abiding citizens from defending themselves love to use anecdotal evidence to make their case. Those of us who are pro-Second Amendment then usually talk about our Constitutional rights or reel off statistics to counter them, but we have our own stories. There are thousands of good and decent Americans who are alive today precisely because they had guns. Gun control advocates might think the world would be a better place if those people and the ones you’re about to read about were dead and the people menacing them had gotten away with their crimes, but those of us who are serious about our Second Amendment rights disagree.
1) On February 12, 2007, a lone gunman, Sulejman Talovic, opened fire at the crowded Trolley Square shopping mall, killing five bystanders. Armed with a shotgun with a pistol grip, a 38-caliber handgun with rubber grips, and a backpack full of ammunition, he set forth on his rampage through the mall.
But he did not get as far as he had hoped. He was stopped by off-duty police officer Kenneth Hammond of the Ogden City Police Department, who was at Trolley Square having an early Valentine’s Day dinner with his pregnant wife. When they heard shots, she called 911 and he drew his weapon and confronted Talovic. He was joined by Sgt. Andrew Oblad of the Salt Lake City Police Department. They pinned down Talovic, stopping further deaths, until a SWAT team from the Salt Lake City Police Department killed him.
Hammond, a man with a weapon, was credited with saving “countless lives.” ”
Read the whole thing …
Graphic courtesy of RightWing News
- Other shootings at shopping malls (newsnet5.com)
- Is it about the guns? [KSL] (publiusonline.com)
- Day of Resistance (moonbattery.com)
- Guns Accounted for Less Than One Percent of All Deaths In 2011 (pjmedia.com)
- NY Times: Obama’s Gun Ban Wouldn’t Have Prevented Newtown (ammoland.com)
- 19. Obama, Circa 1990s: ‘I Don’t Believe People Should Be Able to Own Guns’ (12160.info)