” Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was arrested earlier this month in New York for possessing unloaded 30-round magazines. Mr. Haddad, who has been recognized by the Army for his selfless acts of generosity to fellow soldiers, was charged with five felony counts of possession of “high-capacity” magazines.
Since 1994, magazines over 10 rounds have been illegal. This month, Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation that makes any ammunition feeding device over 7 rounds illicit in New York. (Click here to read New York’s Radical Gun-Control Law.)
Mr. Haddad, who was medically discharged in 2010 after 12 years of service, was arrested when he was stopped by police on Jan. 6 in LeRay, Ny. Through his brother Michael, Mr. Haddad declined to comment on the cause until after his Feb. 20 conference date to meet with the prosecutor and the judge. “
UPDATE : Via Instapundit comes word of a legal defense fundraising effort for Nathan Haddad . You can contribute here.
- Decorated War Hero Arrested in NY For Possession of 30 Round AR Magazines Charged With 5 Felonies, Facing Prison (secretsofthefed.com)
- AND APPARENTLY, HE DIDN’T QUALIFY FOR THE DAVID GREGORY EXEMPTION: NY Vet Arrested For Empty 30-rou… (pjmedia.com)
- No charges for NBC host over ammunition magazine (sacbee.com)
- WALL STREET JOURNAL: ‘Free David Gregory’ (businessinsider.com)
- Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines (offgridsurvival.com)