” Computer networks at the Energy Department were attacked by sophisticated hackers in a major cyber incident two weeks ago and personal information on several hundred employees was compromised by the intruders.
Energy Department officials, along with FBI agents, are investigating the attack on servers at the Washington headquarters. They believe the sophisticated penetration attack was not limited to stealing personal information. There are indications the attackers had other motives, possibly including plans to gain future access to classified and other sensitive information.
No classified information was compromised in the cyber attack, said officials who provided details of the attack to the Washington Free Beacon on condition of anonymity.”
- Cyber Attack Hits Energy Department (foxnews.com)
- “Major cyber incident” at U.S. Department of Energy – ‘Hackers’ to target nuclear? (enenews.com)
- Sophisticated cyber-attack hits Energy Department, China possible suspect (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- Cyber Breach (freebeacon.com)
- Another Cyber Attack On The U.S. Government (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Latest Cyber Attack By Alleged ‘Chinese Hackers’ May Be The Most Dangerous Yet (businessinsider.com)