” Under questioning from South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta could not explain why President Barack Obama spoke with him only once on Sept. 11, 2012 during the Benghazi terrorist attack, and never called back for any updates for over seven hours.
Here’s the exchange between Graham, Gen. Martin Dempsey and Sec. Panetta at a Senate Committee on Armed Services hearing on Thursday:
SEN. GRAHAM: Your testimony, as I understand it, Secretary Panetta, that you talked to the president of the United States one time.
SEC. PANETTA: I talked to him on Sept. 11 with regards to the fact that we were aware this attack was taking place.
SEN. GRAHAM: One time.
SEC. PANETTA: Right.
SEN. GRAHAM: What time did you tell him that?
SEC. PANETTA: I think that was approximately about 5 o’clock?”
- “Icewater in His Veins”: While Doherty and Woods Were Fighting For Their Lives, Obama Was Sleeping Soundly (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Panetta Can’t Explain Why Obama Never Called Back During Benghazi Attack (visiontoamerica.com)
- Panetta says there was no way to respond to Benghazi attack (news.yahoo.com)
- Voting present! Panetta and Dempsey on Benghazi: We didn’t tell Obama or Hillary nuttin’ (twitchy.com)
- ~Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi~ (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi (bobusnr.wordpress.com)
- Panetta defends military response in Libya attack (modbee.com)
- Panetta: Obama & Hillary Absent Night of Benghazi (calvinistview.com)