The aircraft carriers USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77), USS Enterprise (CVN-65), USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75), and USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) are in port at Naval Station Norfolk, Va. US Navy Photo
” The U.S. Navy will delay the refueling of the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) for an unknown period because of the uncertain fiscal environment due to the ongoing legislative struggle, the service told Congress in a Friday message obtained by USNI News.
Lincoln was scheduled to be moved to Huntington Ingalls Industries’ (HII) Newport News Shipyard later this month to begin the 4-year refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH) of the ship.
“This delay is due to uncertainty in the Fiscal Year 2013 appropriations bill, both in the timing and funding level available for the first full year of the contract,” the message said.
“CVN-72 will remain at Norfolk Naval Base where the ships force personnel will continue to conduct routine maintenance until sufficient funding is received for the initial execution of the RCOH.” “
So the Obama administration shirks the one true responsibility of the Federal government , ” to provide for the common defense” in order to continue the advancement of the entitlement state … got to have those Obamaphones and free wireless for the “oppressed” but fuel for the Navy … not so much .
- Navy: Lincoln Refueling Delayed, Will Hurt Carrier Readiness (rubinoworld.com)
- Lack of Funding Affects USS Lincoln Refueling and Complex Overhaul (bremolympicnlus.wordpress.com)
- Navy Unable to Refuel Carrier Due to Budget Cuts (12160.org)
- Navy: Lincoln Refueling Delayed, Will Hurt Carrier Readiness (iowntheworld.com)
- U.S. Aircraft Carrier’s Refueling, Overhaul Delayed Due To Irresponsible Defense Cuts (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Navy Does Not Have The Money To Fuel An Aircraft Carrier (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)