” Sen. Richard Burr, a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, said that the CIA has “flatly refused” to give some Benghazi-related documents to the committee, which is conducting an investigation of the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attacks on the State Department and CIA personnel and facilities in Benghazi, Libya.
Sen. Burr made the assertion last week at the confirmation hearing for John Brennan, whom President Barack Obama has nominated to be director of the CIA. Brennan currently serves as the president’s counterterrorism adviser.
“Mr. Brennan, as you know, the committee’s conducting a thorough inquiry into the attacks in Benghazi, Libya,” Sen. Burr said. “In the course of this investigation, the CIA has repeatedly delayed and in some cases flatly refused to provide documents to this committee.” “
- Sen Burr: CIA Has “Flatly Refused” to Give Up Benghazi-Related Documents (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Intel Committee Sen. Richard Burr: CIA Has ‘Flatly Refused’ To Turn Over Benghazi Documents (patdollard.com)
- Jack Lew Faces Benghazi Grilling At Treasury Secretary Confirmation Hearing (huffingtonpost.com)
- John Brennan and the Senate: Is anyone in Washington willing to defend America? (libertasfound.org)
- Rand Paul threatens to hold nomination of CIA director over drone killings (rt.com)
- Harper: Is John Brennan a Saudi Asset? (turcopolier.typepad.com)