” Sure proof of the failure of the country’s education system is the fact that Americans, the casualties of that system, could listen to President Obama’s remarks on education in his 2013 State Of The Union speech and not laugh him out of the hall.
In his speech, Obama dished out the standard “education is the key and the government needs to spend more” drivel. But those whose critical skills were not damaged by the government institutes the president purports to improve will see the fraud to which parents and students have been subjected to for decades.
Obama’s laundry list of policy proposals starts with a new entitlement: pre-school for all. He also wants our system to graduate “high school students with the equivalent of a technical degree from one of our community colleges, so that they’re ready for a job,” an idea that has been floating around for decades.
Obama wants “tax credits, grants, and better loans” to help kids go to college; he already has orchestrated a quasi-takeover of lending to college students and has relaxed loan repayment terms. And he wants to fight the high cost of higher educations by ensuring “that affordability and value are included in determining which colleges receive certain types of federal aid.” “
- Obama goes liberal in inauguration speech (cbc.ca)
- State Dems favor Obama education plan (yaledailynews.com)
- What Was Wrong with Obama’s State of the Union Address (dianeravitch.net)
- In State of the Union, Obama Outlines Bold Education Proposals to Grow the Middle Class (ed.gov)
- State of the Union: Barack Obama offers unapologetic case for power of government (telegraph.co.uk)
- How Obama’s proposed increase in funding for childhood educational programs will work (onemorecup.wordpress.com)
- Why the U.S. economy will not improve under President Obama – Part I (asktheblogster.blogspot.com)
- The State of the Union Speech (smallthoughtsfromasmallmind.wordpress.com)
- Obama to unveil plans to expand preschool programs in Ga. speech (thehill.com)