Frederick Douglass Society President: ‘Direct Correlation Between Gun Control and Black People Control’
” Swimp compared the call for universal background checks for gun purchase to the time when blacks were required to register with the government.
“The first gun laws were put into place to register black folks, to make sure that they would know who we were – that we could not defend ourselves,” Swimp said.”
” The gun control laws that banned or put restrictions on African Americans from owning firearms are documented on a timeline from 1640 to 1995 by the National Rifle Association’s Institute of Legislative Action and can be foundhere.
Ken ‘The Hutch’ Hutcherson, former NFL linebacker and pastor of Antioch Bible Church in Kirkland, Wash., spoke at a press conference on gun control on Feb. 22, 2013 in Washington, D.C.”
Ken “The Hutch” Hutcherson, former linebacker with the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys and pastor of the Antioch Bible Church, told CNSNews.com “gun control is about controlling people.”
- Black Leaders Speak On Gun Control (c-span.org)
- Black Conservatives: “Gun Control Laws Have Racist Origin” (freedomoutpost.com)
- Parker, black leaders speak out for gun rights (humanevents.com)
- Black Religious Leaders: Gun Control Is All About Controlling People (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Racist origins of citizen disarmament (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Black Leaders: ‘Direct Correlation Between Gun Control And Black People Control’ (conservativebyte.com)