” Conservative movie lovers didn’t suffer any serious Red State taunts during the just-wrapped Academy Awards telecast. Michael Moore wasn’t on hand to bash the GOP, and show host Seth MacFarlane trained his immature wit on George Clooney, breast-baring actresses and the show’s ridiculous length.
And then it came time to announce the Best Picture winner, and Jack Nicholson stepped on stage to do the honors. Only Nicholson, and the show’s organizers, had something else in mind.
Enter Michelle Obama.
The First Lady appeared via satellite to not only announce the night’s biggest prize but gave a speech extolling the virtues of the films in play. It was an unprecedented cultural power grab by the Obamas, almost daring conservative viewers to adore her as much as progressives already do.”
- Falls, First Ladies and foul words on Oscar night (thehindu.com)
- ‘Argo’ Wins Best Picture Oscar as ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ Shunned (bloomberg.com)
- WATCH: Michelle Obama makes cameo at Oscars, announces best picture ‘Argo’ (mega949.com)
- Michelle Obama’s Oscars Moment Was Pretty Controversial, Actually (theatlanticwire.com)
- ‘Argo’ wins best picture on scattered Oscar night (cnsnews.com)
- WATCH: Michelle Obama makes cameo at Oscars, announces best picture ‘Argo’ (610wiod.com)