” President Obama has gone all-in trying to get Republicans to blink and serve up another round of tax increases in lieu of the looming spending sequester. Eschewing talks with Congress or any pretense of leadership, he is instead flying around the country burning $180,000 an hour on Air Force One laying out a parade of horribles that will descend upon us if the growth of federal spending were reduced by one iota.
Why is he doing this? Because the mainstream media are lapping it up. Poisoned meat coming to grocery shelves near you! Air traffic grinds to a screeching halt! Fires, murder, and mayhem in the streets as first responders are laid off! No visits to the Washington Monument! OK, it all makes for good copy.
Well, Jay, explain this to me: The most imperial president in American history, a man who boasts that he will rule by Executive Action if Congress refuses to pass legislation he favors, can’t figure out how to direct spending cuts in a way that does the least harm to the American people?”
See companion story : After The Sequester, Bring On The Blame Game
” Just as every newsworthy weather event these days is blamed on global warming, every negative economic report between now and the 2014 midterm elections will be blamed on obstructionist Republicans, their ill-advised sequester, and their determination to ruin an otherwise recovering economy just to make Obama look bad. The only way to fix it? Hand total control of all three branches of government to the party that really knows how to party.”
- Obama Wants to Stop Blame Game, but Blames GOP for Sequester (rollcall.com)
- WH not “hopeful” sequester will be averted (cbsnews.com)
- OBAMA: The Sequester Is A ‘Pretty Bad Name,’ But Its Effects Are Going To Be Even Worse (businessinsider.com)
- Two Questions for Obama, Before the Sequester Hits (thecollegeconservative.com)
- Obama Caught Lying about Sequester (nationalreview.com)
- Even With Sequester, Spending Keeps Growing (realclearpolitics.com)