” The danger for Republicans is that they will bury emerging news about economic weakness tied to higher taxes and more far-reaching regulations and instead promote a story line that puts a new round of disruptive spending cuts at the center of an economic slump — courtesy of the GOP.
I’ve been arguing for months that Washington is trying to shrink the deficit faster than is economically sound. The sequester would only exacerbate this shortsightedness with automatic cuts designed to do the maximum damage per dollar saved.
In other words, this is about the worst way to cut government, and it would be happening at the worst possible time for Republicans.”
- The Sequester – How Obama Outfoxed The Entire GOP Leadership (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Do Nothing Republicans Decide To Do “Something” At The Worst Possible Time … Let The “Cuts” Happen … For Once Your Specialty Is Suitable To The Times (youviewed.com)
- Sequester debate turns into blame game (sfgate.com)
- Reid: Sequester should go forward unless GOP gives ground on taxes (thehill.com)
- First Thoughts: Sequester fight already taking a toll (firstread.nbcnews.com)