“You’re talking about how much — you’re asking a question, how much more money do we want to steal from the American people to fund more government? I’m for no more,” he said.
Boehner told reporters that President Obama wants to close tax loopholes as part of an agreement to avoid the looming sequester, but only so he can justify raising revenue for new government spending.”
- Ron Johnson: John Boehner Would Lose Speakership If He Caves On Taxes To Avert Sequester (huffingtonpost.com)
- It’s Time for You To Lead, John Boehner (slate.com)
- WATCH: John Boehner Tells Senate To ‘Get Off Their Ass’ (daily-download.com)
- On Message: What Boehner’s Saying (And What He’s Not) About Sequester (npr.org)
- Harry Reid Fires Back and Calls John Boehner a Do Nothing Speaker (kstreet607.com)
- Boehner to Senate: Get off your ‘ass’ (tv.msnbc.com)