” President Obama met with the media after a seven minute discussion with Congress on the $85 billion sequester cuts. The president said that he couldn’t use a ‘Jedi mind-meld’ to force Congress to come to an agreement.
CNN’S JESSICA YELLIN: “Mr. President, to your question what could you do, first of all, couldn’t you just have them down here [Congressmen], and refuse to let them leave the room [laughter] until you have a deal?”
PRESIDENT: “I am not a dictator, I’m the President.”
- President Obama Badly Bungles Nerd Reference [Updated] (nymag.com)
- Obama got it right with ‘Jedi mind meld,’ says Star Trek’s Sulu (tv.msnbc.com)
- Obama: “I’m Not a Dictator;” I Can’t Do “Jedi Mind-Meld” on GOP Leadership to Make Them Agree to Budget Deal (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Obama: I can’t do ‘Jedi mind meld’ (politico.com)
- Obama’s ‘Jedi Mind Meld’ Shatters His Nerd Credibility (theatlanticwire.com)