” Do New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s new draconian gun laws pass constitutional muster?
n the lawsuit, Tresmond challenges the constitutionality of the NY SAFE Act on the grounds that it violates not one’s Second Amendment rights, but one’s Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment protections against government seizure of private property without “due process and just compensation.”
In an interview with the Utica Observer-Dispatch, Tresmond explained how his two plaintiffs, both gun owners who possess ‘assault’ weapons and ‘high’-capacity magazines will be forced to forfeit their property when the new laws take effect.
“If you can take somebody’s $20,000 gun or firearm without any compensation whatsoever, that’s criminal,” Tresmond added, noting that the case may be on its way to becoming a class action lawsuit. “
- New Yorkers Flock to State Capitol to Protest Cuomo’s Gun Grab (breitbart.com)
- SAFE Act: First protests, now lawsuits (timesunion.com)
- Gov. Cuomo to Exempt Hollywood from NY’s Gun Control Laws (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Thousands Attend Gun Rally in Albany NY (Video) (iowntheworld.com)
- N.Y. Governor Andrew Cuomo…….a Joe Biden Want-to Be or just an isolated “IDIOT” (therightofway.net)
- NRA Chief: Cuomo ‘Sacrificing’ Constitution (personalliberty.com)
- Opponents of NY’s new gun-control law rally outside the Capitol (redalertpolitics.com)