” Is the governor caving to pressure from the suburbs? Detroit City President Charles Pugh said that’s a fact , as Rick Snyder on Friday declared a financial emergency in Detroit, setting the stage for a state takeover.
Pugh said, however, while there is pressure from outside the city, he’s certain there are people within Detroit who would welcome a state-appointed emergency financial manager.”
Because they’re doing such a good job on their own …
- As Car Companies Roar, Detroit Collapses (247wallst.com)
- Detroit in financial emergency says Snyder (clickondetroit.com)
- REPORT: State to take over City of Detroit… (wxyz.com)
- City Official: Review Team Will Recommend Emergency Manager For Detroit (huffingtonpost.com)
- State set to takeover Detroit city government (money.cnn.com)