Does Feinstein Really Have ‘All the Police’ Backing Her ‘Assault’ Weapons Bill? One Former Cop Says No.
” Yesterday on MSNBC, California Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein made a startling claim. She claimed that “I think we’ve got all the police,” backing her latest “assault” weapons ban, adding that “we have all the mayors virtually.”
Is that true? Feinstein may have the support of most big city mayors, liberals like Michael Bloomberg foremost among them, but what about police officers?
This afternoon I spoke with former Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL). Sandy Adams has one of the most interesting backgrounds of anyone in politics. She dropped out of school at age 17 to join the US Air Force. She married at 18, but that marriage turned out to be an abusive one. She ended up studying and becoming a deputy sheriff in the Orange County (FL) Sheriff’s Department. That was in 1985. She served in law enforcement for 17 years, losing her second husband in the line of duty in 1989. Her life and work propelled her to become an advocate for crime victims’ rights, which led her to study criminal justice, and eventually, politics. She spent eight years in the Florida House before her election to Congress.”
- Feinstein: ‘All the Police . . . All the Mayors’ Support My Assault-Weapons Ban (nationalreview.com)
- GOP Sen. Graham balks at gun bill after Newtown dad makes sobbing plea (vindy.com)
- Sen. Feinstein: Gun Owners Should Decide Between ‘Personal Pleasure’ and ‘General Welfare’… (redflagnews.com)
- Lawmakers Clash at Committee Hearing for Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Feinstein’s Stacked Deck Hearing Gets Under Way (thetruthaboutguns.com)