A sharp-eyed reader called this dose of insanity to our attention and we thought our readers would like to know how seriously the government takes those ” draconian cuts” to it’s budget .
While you may stand in line for an extra hour to board your plane you can rest assured in the knowledge that the TSA thug holding you up is comfortable in his/her new uniform , socks and belts included …
If you find yourself losing patience as your legs go numb from standing in line be sure to save a measure of pity for that poor public
tyrant ”servant” that has to pay for his own shoes and dry cleaning …. Oh the horror …
” The Transportation Security Administration agreed on a deal last month worth as much as $50 million to buy new uniforms for rank-and-file agents, despite concerns that imminent budget cuts would result in furloughs and 90-minute flight delays.
Agency officials signed the contract just days before the start of the $85 billion in federal budget cuts known as sequester.
On Feb. 22, the same day the contract was signed, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said the sequester cuts could result in flight delays as long as 90 minutes at major airports in Chicago, New York and San Francisco and warned about furloughing air traffic controllers.
The deal does not include shoes or dry cleaning, according to CNSNews.com, which first reported the story. TSA did not respond to requests for comment.
Blackburn also is taking issue with a union-negotiated deal in which TSA security officers get a higher uniform allowance than combat Marine lieutenants, who receive a one-time allowance of $400.”
- TSA Sealed $50-Million Sequester-Eve Deal to Buy New Uniforms (sgtreport.com)
- Napolitano Warns of Long Lines at Airports Then Blows $50 Million on New TSA Uniforms… (redflagnews.com)
- Napolitano Warns of Long Lines at Airports Then Blows $50 Million on New TSA Uniforms (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Budget cuts could mean FAA furloughs, air traffic control tower shutdowns in … – NewsOK.com (newsok.com)
- Obama: Sequester cuts could create travel delays (usatoday.com)
- Airport Wait Times Have Nearly Doubled Since The Sequester (businessinsider.com)