” Just as NRA warned would happen, following last November’s presidential election, the Obama administration immediately moved forward with its plans to support a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. On Wednesday November 7, the U.S. Mission to the U.N. made clear its support for renewed ATT negotiations, casting a vote in favor of a resolution that calls for a “Final United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty” to be held in New York City from March 18-28.
If signed, the ATT would be a legally binding treaty that would require parties to the treaty to adhere to the treaty’s provisions, many of which (as proposed in a month-long meeting last July) are incompatible with our Second Amendment rights. For the treaty to be ratified it would have to be approved by a two-thirds vote in the U.S. Senate. During the July ATT conference, NRA conducted a successful campaign to stop the treaty.”
- Obama urged to back tough arms trade treaty (worldbulletin.net)
- Getting Small Arms Out Of The Wrong Hands – OpEd (albanytribune.com)
- The Truth About the Arms Trade Treaty (conservativebyte.com)
- Read UN Small Arms Treaty: March 18 – 28 2013, If Ratified, The 2nd Amendment Will Be Gone (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- UN Arms Trade Treaty (worldtradelaw.typepad.com)