Real CMS proton-proton collision events in which 4 high energy electrons (green lines and red towers) are observed. The event shows characteristics expected from the decay of a Higgs boson but is also consistent with background Standard Modelphysics processes.(Image from cds.cern.ch)
” It is now almost certain the subatomic particle that brings together everything in the universe has been found, CERN scientists announced on Thursday. Latest analysis of data from the Large Hadron Collider proves that the Higgs boson actually exists.
The search for the missing particle dubbed as ‘the holy grail of physics,’ which has been going on for almost half a century and has brought the $10 billion Large Hadron Collider (LHC) into existence, has finally resulted in some strong experimental evidence.
The question which has eluded countless physicists for decades, and the missing link explaining how the universe works at the very basic level, is what gives mass to matter. In other words, what has brings all the flying particles together to form stars, planets and humans ever since the Big Bang.”
- | ‘God particle’ confirmed: CERN says data ‘strongly indicates’ Higgs boson found! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Cern physicists: We found Higgs boson ‘God particle’ with Large Hadron Collider – Belfast Telegraph (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Scientists more certain that particle is Higgs boson (cnn.com)
- CERN: New particle is confirmed Higgs boson (upi.com)
- CERN: LHC Data Confirms Particle is “God Particle”, But the Devil is in the Details (dailytech.com)
- Physicists claim to have found ‘god particle’ (newsday.com)