” President Barack Obama wants to double the U.S. quota subscription in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to $130 billion from its current $65 billion level. This is the foreign aid organization that has been busy bailing out Greece, Portugal, and Ireland with $86.6 billion.
U.S. taxpayers have been responsible for about 20 percent of those bailouts, or approximately $17 billion so far, even as the Eurozone continues to crumble and the debt crisis spreads to Italy and Spain.
Obama’s call to double down comes afterformer Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner had sworn under oath to the House Financial Services Committee in 2012 that “we have no intention to seek additional U.S. resources for the IMF.” “
- BANK HOLIDAY: Government To Seize 10% Of All Savings & Deposits In Cyprus (secretsofthefed.com)
- IMF says Europe’s banking sector still fragile (miamiherald.com)
- EXTREMELY DISTURBING: IMF Goes Directly After Bank Depositor Money (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- While Americans Focus On Gun Control Central Bankers And Finance Ministers Push For Global Currency (princevega.com)
- Eurozone, IMF agree 10-bn-euro Cyprus bailout (worldbulletin.net)