” I just hope Vladimir appreciates Obama’s flexibility. It’s not a flexibility that Americans ever get to see. Just anti-American dictators. And it would only be gentlemanly for Vlad to leave Obama a tip in appreciation of his flexibility.
The Obama administration says it is abandoning a key part of its European missile defence plan – an interceptor that had been strongly opposed by Russia.
Russian officials suspect the interceptors were a counter to their missiles and had indicated that they would not consider further nuclear arms cuts unless their concerns were resolved.
Sadly however, Obama’s best bow to Russia has met with the usual response of tyrants to appeasement.
“A change in the United States plans for an anti-missile shield in Europe will not prompt Russia to drop its opposition to the system, a senior lawmaker allied to President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday.” “
- Flexibility: Obama cancels final phase of a Europe-based missile defense system (bluegrasspundit.com)
- U.S. Awaits Russian Response to Delaying Missile Shield (bloomberg.com)
- U.S. Defense Secretary Hagel: U.S. To Bolster Missile Defenses (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Remember The “Flexibility”? – U.S. Cancels Final Phase Of Europe-Based Missile Defense System (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- U.S. to bolster missile defenses against N.Korea (worldbulletin.net)
- Obama Abandons Key Part Of European Missile Defense Plan Opposed By Russia (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Brookings: Dealing With the Real Putin - (foreignpolicyreview.org)
- ABC, CBS and NBC Avoid Obama Administration’s Dereliction on Missile Defense (newsbusters.org)