” Well, any conservative could have seen this coming, despite the incessant rambling of anti-gun zealots calling for a ban on so-called assault weapons. The first ban had a de minimis effect on lowering violent crime, and Democrats paid a heavy political price during the ’94 midterms for it. Now, the Washington Post’s Ed O’Keefe reports today that this anti-gun provision is dead on arrival. Furthermore, it’s not included in the official bill, but as an amendment to it.
So, in the Democratic-controlled Senate, Feinstein’s amendment couldn’t even muster forty votes! That means there’s at least sixteen Democratic Senators, who said to the gentlelady from California “no thanks” to her proposal.
This is an interesting takeaway since last January new outlets, like Bloomberg, were touting that America was “ever so falling out of love with guns.” Joshua Green penned the column, and noted that “the course has been set, and the taboo on gun control lifted.” Yeah, Mr. Green – Americans still like their guns, their Second Amendment rights, and for government to leave them alone.
- Hasta La Vista Assault Weapons Ban (visiontoamerica.com)
- Democrat Congresswoman: Assault Weapons Ban ‘Just the Beginning’ (ijreview.com)
- Cruz, Feinstein tangle over 2nd Amendment as panel approves assault-weapons ban (foxnews.com)
- Assault weapons ban passed at heated Senate hearing (washingtonpost.com)
- Assault weapons ban loses steam (politico.com)
- Feinstein’s Defense of Her ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban: I Feel, Therefore I Legislate (txwclp.org)
- Feinstein’s Doomed Gun Bill Squeaks by Senate Judiciary Committee (tatoott1009.com)
- NRA President: Democrats Shocked By Second Amendment Support (freedomoutpost.com)
- Video: Dianne Feinstein not happy with Ted Cruz’s question on the Second Amendment (hotair.com)