” According to NBC News, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper has signed into law two gun control bills.
The measures also met resistance from magazine-maker Magpul Industries, which said that it would desert its plant about 30 miles from Denver if the proposed magazine limits became law.
Legislators who had opposed new laws restricting gun ownership said on Wednesday the new gun bills may have electoral consequences for state Democrats.
“We’re all in shock here,” state Senator Greg Brophy, a Republican, said on Wednesday. “It turns out this guy who everybody thought was a moderate Democrat is actually a gun-control governor.”
“I think the governor will be replaced by someone who has Colorado values instead of New York City values,” Brophy said. “If Republicans are returned to control we will repeal these bills immediately.”
Magpul was unavailable for comment …
- Gov. Hickenlooper signs landmark gun bills (gazette.com)
- Colorado governor to sign gun controls (blueridgenow.com)
- Hickenlooper Signs Landmark Gun Bills (kktv.com)
- CO Gov. Hickenlooper: From So-Called ‘Blue Dog’ To True Blue Stater (pjmedia.com)
- Colorado governor to sign gun controls (cnsnews.com)
- In Colorado, gun restrictions bring political peril (aurorasentinel.com)