” Violence along the southern border has gotten so out of control that both Mexican and American journalists have stopped reporting it out of fear that drug cartels will retaliate against them and their families.
This means Americans will be kept in the dark about the crisis along the porous and increasingly dangerous Mexican border. We certainly can’t expect the truth from the government. Remember that the nation’s Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, insists that the region is “as secure as it has ever been.” This delusional assessment has been repeated by Napolitano over and over again in a seemingly desperate effort to make people believe it.
That means no one really knows the true magnitude of the violence, though it’s apparent that the U.S. government is downplaying it. “It would seem that drug violence only stops at the Mexican border in the imaginations of Washington politicians,” Maril says, offering a recent example in Reynosa, the twin border city of McAllen in south Texas. A small local newspaper reporter dared to publish this: “Fear and panic filled the streets as rival gunmen battled during a three-hour firefight that saw automatic weapons and grenades used.” ”
- Mexican Diplomat: Janet Napolitano Invited Sinaloa Drug Cartel Across The U.S. Border! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- DHS And Napolitano Are Doing Such A Bang-Up Job … Let Them Decide Border Is Secure … Insane (youviewed.com)
- Homeland Security secretary touts border safety (cnsnews.com)
- Mexican Border Less Than One-Sixth Length of Great Wall of China (whitehousedossier.com)
- Drug Cartels Now Control the Southern Border So Thoroughly That U.S. Media is Too Scared to Report on Border Crime (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- Mexican Citizens Arm Against Drug Cartels (bitterqueen.typepad.com)
- Mexican Drug Cartels Coming To A Neighborhood Near You (personalliberty.com