” The United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday signed off on a sweeping, first-of-its-kind treaty to regulate the international arms trade, brushing aside worries from U.S. gun rights advocates that the pact could lead to a national firearms registry and disrupt the American gun market.
The long-debated U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) requires countries to regulate and control the export of weaponry such as battle tanks, combat vehicles and aircraft and attack helicopters, as well as parts and ammunition for such weapons. It also provides that signatories will not violate arms embargoes, international treaties regarding illicit trafficking, or sell weaponry to countries for genocide, crimes against humanity or other war crimes.
American gun rights activists, though, insist the treaty is riddled with loopholes and is unworkable in part because it includes “small arms and light weapons” in its list of weaponry subject to international regulations. They do not trust U.N. assertions that the pact is meant to regulate only cross-border trade and would have no impact on domestic U.S. laws and markets.”
- U.N. passes sweeping Arms Trade Treaty (wnd.com)
- Obama And UN Sign Treaty That Hobbles 2nd Amendment (vineoflife.net)
- U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override (redalertpolitics.com)
- U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Second Amendment override : UN GOES FOR GUNS (armageddononline.org)
- UN Goes For America’s Guns – New Law Could Lead to National Registry (thegatewaypundit.com)