Colorado Lawmakers – Secret Service Must Arrest Local Sheriffs For Failing To Enforce An Unenforceable LawGraphic by Michelle Morin
” The furor over the signing into law of Senate Bill 13-013 earlier this week by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper went viral following the publishing ofan article by Mike Opelka at theblaze.com. Opelka suggested that the new law could be “used to arrest or force county sheriffs to enforce the state’s new gun laws,” whether they wanted to or not.
It was fanned into white heat when World News Daily quoted Colorado State Representative Lori Saine who exclaimed:
This is insane! In theory if a Secret Service agent is in a county where the sheriff has refused to enforce some of the recent unenforceable gun laws, the agent could [ignore the sheriff entirely and] arrest any individual if he believes the law has been broken…
I believe it is intended to be used for setting up a framework so that at some other time they could expand it to possibly include being able to arrest a sheriff who is refusing to enforce unconstitutional laws.
Charley Barnes, writing at K99.com in Denver, further fanned the controversy last Monday when he wrote:
By the sounds of it, Colorado is being targeted with an attempt to set up loopholes that will allow the U.S. Secret Service to arrest and remove an elected sheriff for refusing to enforce the law, or anyone [else] breaking the law.”
- State Grants Secret Service Vast New Powers to Circumvent Sheriffs (joemiller.us)
- Governor of Colorado About to Give Secret Service Power to Arrest Sheriffs (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Colorado sheriffs: Sorry, but these new gun laws would be kind of unenforceable (hotair.com)
- NONE FOR YOU: State Grants Secret Service Vast New Gun Grabbing Powers (secretsofthefed.com)
- Colorado sheriff says he won’t enforce ‘unenforceable’ new gun grab laws (twitchy.com)