” Today, the Arizona House passed Senate Bill 1439 by a vote of 36-22. (roll call here)
The Constitutional Tender bill allows businesses and the state government to accept payments in gold or silver. It specifies that legal tender in Arizona consists of all of the following:
1. Legal Tender authorized by Congress.
2. Specie (containing gold or silver) coin issued at any time by the U.S. government.
3. Any other specie that a court of competent jurisdiction rules by a final, unappealable order to be within the scope of state authority to make legal tender.
Currently all debts and taxes in Arizona and the rest of the United States are either paid with Federal Reserve Notes (dollars) which were authorized as legal tender by Congress, or with coins issued by the U.S. Treasury — very few of which have gold or silver in them.
The United States Constitution states in Article I, Section 10, “No State shall…make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts.” The Constitutional tender act is a big step towards that constitutional requirement which has been ignored for a long time in every state of the country. Such a tactic would achieve the desired goal of abolishing the Federal Reserve system by attacking it from the bottom up – pulling the rug out from under it by working to make its functions irrelevant at the State and local level.
Passage of the Constitutional/Legal Tender Act would introduce currency competition with Federal Reserve Notes. Professor William Greene explains further:
“Over time, as residents of the State use both Federal Reserve Notes and silver and gold coins, the fact that the coins hold their value more than Federal Reserve Notes do will lead to a “reverse Gresham’s Law” effect, where good money (gold and silver coins) will drive out bad money (Federal Reserve Notes). As this happens, a cascade of events can begin to occur, including the flow of real wealth toward the State’s treasury, an influx of banking business from outside of the State – as people in other States carry out their desire to bank with sound money – and an eventual outcry against the use of Federal Reserve Notes for any transactions.”
Once things get to that point, Federal Reserve notes would become largely unwanted and irrelevant for ordinary people. Nullifying the Fed on a state by state level is what will get us there.
Without a single act of Congress, the Federal Reserve system can be brought to its knees by passing such bills in states all over the country.”
- Arizona Legal Tender Bill Moves Another Step Towards Law (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Arizona considers gold, silver as legal tender… (mineweb.com)
- Arizona Lawmakers Advance Bill Making Gold and Silver Legal Tender (blacklistednews.com)
- Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion (bloomberg.com)
- Feds Identify 300,000 Americans as Terrorists | Activist Post (youviewed.com)
- As Confidence In Dollar Wanes, Over A Dozen States Push For Gold As Legal Tender (zerohedge.com)
- Arizona House backs gold, silver as currency ()
- Arizona could soon approve gold, silver as legal tender (theawakenedzombie.com)
- Legislative Roundup 4-7-13 (yumasun.com)
- NDAA Nullification Bill Passes Arizona House With New Language Nullifying Agenda 21 (tenthamendmentcenter.com)