” According to a survey released by PoliceOne.com of over 15,000 retired and active duty officers it is clear that the law enforcement community in the US strongly supports the gun rights of private citizens.
Based on the findings it does not look like most officers support any new gun legislation currently being proposed, saying that it would do little to promote officer safety or reduce crime rates.
This is in direct contrast to many anti gun politicians statements that a majority of police officers support their gun control initiatives in the interest of improving “officer safety”.
Here are the key findings from the survey:
- 99 percent said policies other than an “assault weapons” ban are most important to prevent mass shootings.
- Almost 96 percent said that a ban on standard capacity magazines would not reduce violent crime.”
- Cops: Gun Control Won’t Work (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Survey of 15,000 Law Enforcement Professionals about U.S. Gun Control Policies (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Cops Don’t Think Gun Control Will Stop Mass Shootings (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children (ncrenegade.com)